CA, CS, CMA - The Top Professional Courses In Commerce
Today’s young India is living in a historical era where it has both the opportunity to transform the direction and speed of our growth and development. If we observe the history of past 30 years or so, the kind of progress that we have made in technology, business and education is only indicative of the enormous possibilities we may create in the coming decades. In such a dynamic scenario, the role of specialized field wise experts is becoming more and more crucial, we need people who understand the intricacies of the different aspects of doing business.
Under such circumstances, professional qualifications are becoming increasingly popular in a wide range of corporate sectors. They provide the necessary knowledge and skill set with a person to enable him to be an effective decision-maker for the business. As the professional becomes a value adder for the business, he is no doubt rewarded for the same with high earnings and respect. The kind of respect these professionals get is rare as it is based on their knowledge and skills, which cannot be simply purchased over-the-counter.
The three premier Indian professional bodies in commerce stream are the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India (ICMAI) which offer the CA, CS and CMA courses, respectively. These institutes are statutory bodies and the courses have recognition not only across the country but also globally.
A student passing out of Std. X or XII can start preparing for any of these courses, he needs to get registered with the respective institute as a student member and then give the entrance exam for which he would be eligible after Std. XII. In fact, the students of even Science and Arts stream in Std. XI and XII can later decide to become a commerce professional. The only thing required is commitment and willingness to go for in-depth study of the subjects.
Why CA / CS / CMA?
- In today's super competitive employment arena, these professional qualifications can help you to stand out from the competition and give you an edge when applying for that new job or even internal promotion.
- It enables a person to be an adaptable learner under various circumstances.
- These are among the very few professional courses that mandate practical training of few years, before granting the membership and the certificate to practice.
- The thrust is not just on bookish knowledge but also on being updated practically.
- Going through the rigors of academics and practical training, a student discovers the best of himself and emerges as a highly confident and valuable asset for the society.
- The newly qualified professional has a choice to set up a life of his own liking: either he can go for top corporate jobs or he can choose to have his own independent practice and be a consultant to small, mid-size and huge corporate clients including individuals, government, MNCs.
- With the advent of technology, the city of the office is no more a hindrance. For instance, even a professional from a small town can provide services for top American companies over the internet.
- Having a professional qualification virtually guarantees lifelong financial and career growth.
- These are the only qualifications which are not only quite economical but also returns you half of your investment in the study tenure before you clear the final exam in the form of stipends you get in the Training period.
- A professional will always be in demand, to cater to the needs of vast sectors of the economy
Professional course of this cadre require extensive preparation as the testing is quite tough. At the DG Sharma’s CAPS, thousands of students have qualified as a CA / CS over the last 25+ years. DG Sharma’s CAPS offers the highest quality of teaching from experts in the field. Concept-based teaching and simplifying the complex syllabus has been the hallmark of our faculties. The students are not only provided academic learning but experiential learning too with the extra-curricular activities such as seminars from experts, Social work, Self-exploration Camps.
“Don’t skip these professional courses because they are difficult, do them for the same reason.”